Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3/22/11- Vampire Weekend- "Giving Up The Gun"


I TRY not to be a major music snob, and I'll try to listen to anything once with an open ear. But there is ONE band that I just don't understand. Vampire Weekend. The first time I heard "A-Punk," I thought "this is utter crap." The first time I heard "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa," I wanted to find what record label executive signed them and beat him with his own shoe. So when Vampire Weekend's latest album came out, I tried to avoid it like the plague.

But like any good trainwreck, I had to see what it was like. So I listened to some of the songs. They blew. EXCEPT for one. One song that sounded like what a hipster indie would write if they wanted ONE crossover pop-hit. And it wasn't bad!

The video is amusing, with some interesting cameos from Lil Jon, Joe Jonas, and Jake Gyllenhaal.

So enjoy the one song I like from a band I hate. "Giving Up The Gun" by Vampire Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment