Friday, May 13, 2011

5/14/11- Cold War Kids- "Skip the Charades"


I used to HATE Cold War Kids. Their first few songs I was introduced to, ("Hang Me Out To Dry" and "Something is Not Right With Me") sounded like utter crap to my ears. I think mostly because I was still working in Pop radio when they came out, and those two songs, especially "Something is Not Right With Me" were NOT pop.

When the alternative station I with now (Y-Not Radio) picked up Cold War Kids' single "Louder Than Ever," I didn't want to hear it. But I did. And surprisingly, it was good. When this single came around, I was interested, and again, I'm liking it!

Now, my original hatred for Cold War Kids didn't match the hatred I had for Vampire Weekend, but I wasn't going out of my way to listen to them at all.

Today, enjoy "Skip The Charades" by Cold War Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment