Thursday, July 14, 2011

7/14/11- Poi Dog Pondering- "Complicated"


I always admit that I am a radio geek, and today is no different. Today, both New York City and Chicago are losing their Alternative radio stations to format flips. In NYC, 101.9 RXP is flipping from a quasi-Alternative format and in Chicago, Q101 is flipped from an Alternative/Hard Rock Mix. RXP has only been around for a handful of years, but Q101 has had the "heritage" sticker slapped on it has been around since 1988, and has been Alternative since 1992.

I went online and looked at some of Q101's old playlists, and jumped back to 1998, where I saw today's song pop up. I had never heard of the band, so a little digging on Wiki, and I found out they had Chicago ties.

Poi Dog Pondering is actually still around, after 25+ years. They are a diverse group that mixes many different sounds together (and many band members apparently.) They have released 8 studio albums, including 2011's "Audio Love Letter." We go back to 1998 and their song "Complicated," which includes one GOD-AWFUL green-screen special of a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment