Monday, June 27, 2011

6/27/11- Sugarland- "Stuck Like Glue"


The first time I ever heard this song, I thought that it was pure and utter crap. After the second time I heard it, and third etc. I still think that it's crap. I have friends who work in Country radio, and while they say the song was huge, it's also everything that is wrong with Country music today.

Then I realized who wrote it.

My favorite band is Better Than Ezra. You know their big hits like "Good" and "Desperately Wanting," and they have written some amazing songs over their 20 year career. Lead singer Kevin Griffin has been tagged recently to help other artists in their songwriting, and he has co-written for Blondie, Meatloaf, James Blunt, Missy Higgins, and more. He also co-wrote Howie Day's biggest hit "Collide."

Now we connect the dots. Better Than Ezra's former drummer Travis Aaron McNabb now drums for Sugarland, and he set up a meeting between the band and Kevin Griffin to see about writing a song or two for their new album.

The result? "Stuck Like Glue." A horrible, pop laden country abortion. Kevin Griffin writes some GREAT pop rock songs, but this... is crap. The video too? Jennifer Nettles is just creepy, which does kind of go with the idea of the song.

So enjoy... if you can, "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland.

No comments:

Post a Comment